- A Metadata Manifesto: The Need for Global Health Metadata
GE Fabreau, EP Minty, DA Southern, H Quan, WA Ghali, International Journal of Population Data Science 3 (1)
- Application of patient safety indicators internationally: A pilot among seven countries.
Drösler SE, Klazinga NS, Romano PS, Tancredi DJ,Gogorcena Aoiz MA, Hewitt M, Scobie S, Soop M, Wen E, Quan H, Ghali WA, Mattke S, Kelley E. International Journal for Quality in Health Care 2009, April Page 1-7, 10
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.
Quan H, Sundararajan V, Halfon P, Fong A, Burnand B, Luthi J, Saunders LD, Beck CA, Feasby TE, Ghali WA. Medical Care 2005;43:1130-1139 *most cited paper (2,893 as of August 2017
- Cross-national comparative performance of three versions of the ICD-10 Charlson index.
Sundararajan V, Quan H, Halfon P, Fushimi K, Luthi JC, Burnand B, Ghali WA; International Methodology Consortium for Coded Health Information (IMECCHI). Med Care. 2007 Dec;45(12):1210-5
- Symptomatic in-hospital deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism following hip and knee arthroplasty among patients receiving recommended prophylaxis: a systematic review.
Januel JM, Chen G, Ruffieux C, Quan H, Douketis JD, Crowther MA, Colin C, Ghali WA, Burnand B; IMECCHI Group. JAMA. 2012 Jan 18;307(3):294-303.
- Adaptation of AHRQ Patient Safety Indicators for Use in ICD-10 Administrative Data by an International Consortium.
Quan H, Drösler S, Sundararajan V, et al. 2013. Advances in Patient Safety: New Directions and Alternative Approaches.
- Validity of AHRQ patient safety indicators derived from ICD-10 hospital discharge abstract data (chart review study).
Quan H, Eastwood C, Cunningham CT, Liu M, Flemons W, De Coster C, Ghali WA, and for the IMECCHI investigators. BMJ Open. 2013; 3(10): e003716.
- IMECCHI The development, evolution, and modifications of ICD-10: challenges to the international comparability of morbidity data.
Jetté N, Quan H, Hemmelgarn B, Drosler S, Maass C, Moskal L, Paoin W, Sundararajan V, Gao S, Jakob R, Ustün B, Ghali WA; Med Care. 2010 Dec;48(12):1105-10.
- Assessing validity of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data in recording clinical conditions in a unique dually coded database.
Quan H, Li B, Saunders LD, Parsons GA, Nilsson CI, Alibhai A, Ghali WA; IMECCHI Investigators. Health Serv Res. 2008 Aug;43(4):1424-41.
- How many diagnosis fields are needed to capture safety events in administrative data? Findings and recommendations from the WHO ICD-11 Topic Advisory Group on Quality and Safety.
Drösler SE, Romano PS, Sundararajan V, Burnand B, Colin C, Pincus H, Ghali W for the World Health Organization Quality and Safety Topic Advisory Group. Int J Qual Health Care. 2014 Feb;26(1):16-25.
- Capturing diagnosis-timing in ICD-coded hospital data: recommendations from the WHO ICD-11 topic advisory group on quality and safety.
Sundararajan V, Romano PS, Quan H, Burnand B, Drösler SE, Brien S, Pincus HA, Ghali WA. Int J Qual Health Care. 2015 Aug;27(4):328-33. Epub 2015 Jun 4.
- International variation in the definition of ‘main condition’ in ICD-coded health data.
Quan H, Moskal L, Forster AJ, Brien S, Walker R, Romano PS, Sundararajan V, Burnand B, Henriksson G, Steinum O, Droesler S, Pincus HA, Ghali WA. Int J Qual Health Care. 2014 Oct;26(5):511-5. Epub 2014 Jul 2.
- Test result-based sampling: an efficient design for estimating the accuracy of patient safety indicators.
Taffé P, Halfon P, Ghali WA, Burnand B; International Methodology Consortium for Coded Health Information (IMECCHI). Med Decis Making. 2012 Jan-Feb;32(1):E1-12.
For publications by IMECCHI members, click here.